The Beckman Café caters for events held at the Beckman Institute, such as continental breakfasts, snacks, and drinks for seminars and other meetings, box and buffet lunches, and pre- and post-lecture receptions. The Café does not currently cater for events that require wait service or weekend service.
Disposable dishes, glasses and utensils will be used at no additional charge. Tablecloths, china, glassware, tableware and floral centerpieces are available for an additional charge and at special request.
Requests for catering cannot be guaranteed unless ordered at least one week in advance. All requests should be e-mailed and confirmed by e-mail. We do not offer weekend catering.
Minimum guarantee is due 5 working days prior to event and cannot be reduced. Any additions will be provided if available. Events requiring special order items require two weeks notice for cancellation.
All catering must be paid by CFOP, cash, or check.
Please feel free to suggest items not on our menu. We will be happy to try to accommodate your requests!
- $7.95 per person
- Includes Beckman House Blend coffee, Beckman House Blend decaf, assorted hot teas, juice, and assorted pastries.
Ala Carte Breakfast Items
- Yogurt: $1.05 ea.
- Fresh pastries: $12.00 per dozen
- Sliced breakfast bread: $28.00 per loaf
- Coffee cake $12 per dozen
- Fruit tray: $2.95 per person
- Bagels w/ cream cheese: $1.70 each
- Cereals w/skim or 2% milk: $2.20 each
- Juices: $10.00 per pitcher, $5.00 per carafe, or $1.65 per individual bottle
- Fresh brewed gourmet blend coffees: $12.50 per pot
- Assorted hot herbal and non-herbal teas: $12.50 per pot
- Whole fresh seasonal fruit: $1 each
Standard box lunches contain:
Sandwich, chips, fruit, cookie, and drink for $10.95. Vegetarian box lunches are available as well. Special requests are welcome. All boxes will have the same dessert.
Choices of sandwiches or entrée salad:
- Roast Beef
- Chicken Salad
- Tuna Salad
All selections include drink.
- Chicken Caesar Salad
- Chef Salad
- Greek Salad
Choice of drinks:
- Bottled waters
Choice of desserts:
Premier Box Lunches
Premier box lunches at $13.95 are offered with baby field greens topped with pasta salad and choice of:
- sliced marinated chicken breast or smoked salmon and cold boiled shrimp
- cream cheese
- chocolate truffle and mint
- choice of bottled water, soda or iced tea
Check out our monthly menu for more entrée options, and again, special requests are welcome. Price may vary depending on selections.
Cold Buffet offerings
$12.95 per person - minimum 25 people
- Sliced turkey, roast beef, ham, tuna salad, or chicken salad with sliced breads and rolls
- Relish tray of lettuce, sliced roma tomatoes, pickle spears
- Pasta salad or potato salad
- Mixed greens
- Cookies or brownies
- Sodas or bottled water
$2.45 per person - minimum 20 people per soup. We offer vegetarian, beef, chicken or fish based soups.
Platters and Trays
(20 person minimum unless otherwise specified)
Cubed Cheese and Fruit Tray
Cubed Cheese and Seasonal Fruit. $3.95/person
Cheese and Fruit Tray
A selection of imported and domestic cheese quarter wheels arranged with fresh red seedless grapes and scalloped kiwi fruit. $3.95/person (25 person minimum)
Meat and Cheese Tray
An assortment of sliced rolled meats and sliced domestic cheeses. $3.95/person
An array of fresh vegetables accompanied by a dill dip. $3.95/person
Assorted seasonal fruits. $3.95/person
An assortment of cookies, petite fours, brownies, baklava and other sweets. $3.95/person
Smoked Salmon Tray
Scottish smoked salmon arranged on a tray with lemon and capers and drizzled with extra virgin olive oil. Minimum of a side @ $75.00/side
(Available to groups of 25 or more)
- Chicken Skewers ($3.95 per person)
- Cold boiled shrimp (16-20 count, $3.95 per person)
- Hummus ($3.95 per person)
- Hot Wings (served with ranch dressing, $3.95 per person)
- Meatballs in either BBQ or Sweet and Sour Sauce ($3.95 per person)
- Cocktail Franks ($3.95 per person)
Blue corn tortilla chips with salsa ($3.00 per person)
Hot beverages served in pump pot @ $12.50 per pot (serves approximately 8) or Cambro container at $60 (serves approximately 60)
- Gourmet Beckman House Blend coffee (regular or decaf)
- Assorted hot herbal and non-herbal teas
- Sodas: $1.00/can, $1.50/bottle
- Juices: $1.95 each
- Bottled waters: $1.65 each
- Pitchers of iced water: $1.50 each
- Pitcher of iced tea or lemonade: Half gallon $12.00 each
- Bowls of ice: $1.50 each
- Wine and beer available for receptions
- Serving staff, $30 per hour per person
- Additional staff required, $30 per hour per person