Intelligent Systems research theme
Using science to promote health and wellness
Understanding the nature of intelligence in biological and artificial systems.
Members study cognition, language, memory, vision, decision-making, and aging. Their work spans many levels, from cellular and molecular investigations of the brain to systems-level neuroscience all the way up to understanding and adapting complex human behaviors and emotions.
See researchers in this theme
Intelligent Systems working groups
- Biologically Informed Artificial Intelligence
- Brain Connectivity and Networks
- Children's Environmental Health Research Center or IKIDS
- Cognition, Lifespan Engagement, Aging and Resilience
- Illinois Language and Literacy Initiative
- Intelligence, Learning, & Plasticity
- Mechanisms of Cognitive Control
- Neurotechnology for Memory and Cognition
- Organizational Intelligence and Computational Social Science
- Social and Emotional Dimensions of Well-Being