CAMPUS LIMITED SUBMISSIONS: UPCOMING DEADLINES
The Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research has posted a list of limited submission programs with campus deadlines between July 16 – September 14, 2012. These opportunities have limits on the number of applications that may be submitted from the University of Illinois. For that reason, they are asking that faculty members do so through the office provided on the following link: http://externalfunding.research.illinois.edu/content/LimSub/LimSubDefault.aspx
NASA AND NSBRI CALL FOR PROPOSALS
The National Space Biomedical Research Institute (NSBRI) and NASA’s Human Research Program are jointly soliciting ground-based, analog definition and flight definition proposals. The research announcement is entitled “Research and Technology Development to Support Crew Health and Performance in Space Exploration Missions” and was released July 30, 2012. You can find the announcement on the NASA Research Opportunities homepage at: http://nspires.nasaprs.com/ and then linking through to “solicitations” to “open solicitations.” On the open solicitations page select NNJ12ZSA002N.
I-INITIATIVE WORKPLACE HARASSMENT AND DISCRIMINATION PREVENTION COURSE
The phased roll out for the I-Initiative Workplace Harassment and Discrimination Prevention course that Chancellor Wise announced on February 24 has begun. All staff within units that report to the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research (which includes the Beckman Institute) are asked to complete the education course by Monday, August 6, 2012. If you have been contacted by your home unit to complete the course, please disregard this message. The course can be completed by visiting http://inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu/i_initiative.html.
2012-2013 DIRECTOR’S SEMINAR DATES AND SPEAKERS ANNOUNCED
Mark your calendar! We are pleased to announce the 2012-2013 Director’s Seminar dates and speakers:
- September 13: John Georgiadis (Mechanical Science and Engineering)
- October 18: Minh Do (Electrical and Computer Engineering)
- November 15: Gabriel Popescu (Electrical and Computer Engineering)
- December 6: Meredith Silberstein and Simon Fischer-Baum (Beckman Institute Postdoctoral Fellows)
- January 24: Eric Pop (Electrical and Computer Engineering)
- February 21: Aron Barbey (Speech and Hearing Science)
- March 14: Daniel Llano (Medical and Molecular Integrative Physiology)
- April 25: Malini Rangathan and Ilia Solov’yov (Beckman Institute Postdoctoral Fellows)
The seminars are held at Noon in Beckman Institute Room 1005. Lunch is served.