Reserve space at Beckman
We look forward to welcoming you
The Beckman Institute is a space meant to enhance collaboration. Its beautiful conference and meeting rooms allow researchers and others on campus to exchange ideas at meetings, conferences, workshops, receptions, and dinners.
Submit your space reservation
Use our software system to submit a conference room reservation request.
Rooms and rates
The Beckman Institute's spaces range from intimate spaces that seat 10, all the way up to the atrium, where you can comfortably welcome 200 people for a reception.
Learn more about your options.
Guidelines for using Beckman Spaces
Learn more about what we expect of those who use Beckman's spaces.
Space reservations are granted in priority order to:
- Beckman research groups hosting events related to their research activities
- Central and campus administrative units hosting events important to the campus as a whole
- Units hosting events related to Beckman's research areas
- Off-campus organizations hosting events whose activities are directly related to institute research
- Campus units hosting events of academic importance to the campus as a whole but are unrelated to institute research
- Off-campus organizations whose events are unrelated to the institute will rarely be granted approval
The Beckman Institute may allow other organizations, from both on- and off-campus, to reserve space. However, that will only happen when the event doesn't interfere with other planned activities, and when such events appear to serve the best interests of the University of Illinois. Registered Student Organizations will not be granted approval for hosting their events.
Special conditions regarding use of space in the Beckman Institute are listed in the Campus Administrative Manual under University Premises and Facilities, which covers the limitations on admission fees, contributions, and use of university facilities for private gain.