- Title: Professor
- Group: Computational Multiscale Nanosystems
- Status: Beckman Affiliate Faculty
- Home: Electrical and Computer Engineering
Olgica Milenkovic received her MS in Mathematics and PhD in Electrical Engineering from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, in 2001 and 2002, respectively. From 2002 to 2006, she was with the faculty of Electrical Engineering at the University of Colorado, Boulder. In 2007, she joined the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. Her research interests are in bioinformatics, coding theory, compressive sensing and social sciences. Olgica Milenkovic is a recipient of the NSF Career Award and the DARPA Young Faculty Award. In 2012 she was named a Center for Advanced Studies (CAS) Associate, and in 2013 she received the Willett scholarship. From 2006, she served on the editorial board for the journals Transactions on Communication, Transactions on Signal Processing and Transactions on Information Theory.
Top-three paper award, WCMB'08, Leipzig, Germany (2008); NSF Career Award (2007); Runner-up for best paper award (honorable mention), ICC'06, Istanbul, Turkey (2006).
- Emad, A. & Milenkovic, O. Code Construction and Decoding Algorithms for Semi-Quantitative Group Testing with Nonuniform Thresholds. IEEE Transactions on Information Theory 2016, 62, 4, 1674-1687, 7398035.
- Kiah, H. M., Puleo, G. J. & Milenkovic, O. Codes for DNA Sequence Profiles. IEEE Transactions on Information Theory 2016, 62, 6, 3125-3146, 7454723.
- Laure, C., Karamessini, D., Milenkovic, O., Charles, L. & Lutz, J. F. Coding in 2D: Using Intentional Dispersity to Enhance the Information Capacity of Sequence-Coded Polymer Barcodes. Angewandte Chemie - International Edition 2016.
- Kim, M., Zhang, X., Ligo, J. G., Farnoud, F., Veeravalli, V. V. & Milenkovic, O. MetaCRAM: An integrated pipeline for metagenomic taxonomy identification and compression. BMC Bioinformatics 2016, 17, 1, 94.
- Tabatabaei Yazdi, S. M. H., Yuan, Y., Ma, J., Zhao, H. & Milenkovic, O. A Rewritable, Random-Access DNA-Based Storage System. Scientific Reports 2015, 5, 14138.
- Puleo, G. J. & Milenkovic, O. Correlation clustering with constrained cluster sizes and extended weights bounds. SIAM Journal on Optimization 2015, 25, 3, 1857-1872.
- Kim, M., Farnoud, F. & Milenkovic, O. HyDRA: Gene prioritization via hybrid distance-score rank aggregation. Bioinformatics 2015, 31, 7, 1034-1043.
- Emad, A. & Milenkovic, O. Poisson Group Testing: A Probabilistic Model for Boolean Compressed Sensing. IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing 2015, 63, 16, 4396-4410, 7124525.
- Wang, Z., Weissman, T. & Milenkovic, O. SmallWig: Parallel compression of RNA-seq WIG files. Bioinformatics 2015, 32, 2, 173-180.
- Acharya, J., Das, H., Milenkovic, O., Orlitsky, A. & Pan, S. String reconstruction from substring compositions. SIAM Journal on Discrete Mathematics 2015, 29, 3, 1340-1371.
- El Rouayheb, S., Goparaju, S., Kiah, H. M. & Milenkovic, O. Synchronization and deduplication in coded distributed storage networks. IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking 2015, PP, 99, 7358462.
- Farnoud Hassanzadeh, F. & Milenkovic, O. An axiomatic approach to constructing distances for rank comparison and aggregation. IEEE Transactions on Information Theory 2014, 60, 10, 6417-6439, 6872786.
- Emad, A. & Milenkovic, O. CaSPIAN: A causal compressive sensing algorithm for discovering directed interactions in gene networks. PLoS One 2014, 9, 3, e90781.
- Farnoud Hassanzadeh, F. & Milenkovic, O. Multipermutation codes in the Ulam metric for nonvolatile memories. IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications 2014, 32, 5, 919-932, 6804937.
- Emad, A. & Milenkovic, O. Semiquantitative group testing. IEEE Transactions on Information Theory 2014, 60, 8, 4614-4636, 6823721
- Farnoud, F. H., Skachek, V. & Milenkovic, O. Error-correction in flash memories via codes in the ulam metric. IEEE Transactions on Information Theory 2013, 59, 5, 3003-3020, 6410424.
- Skachek, V., Milenkovic, O. & Nedic, A. Hybrid noncoherent network coding. IEEE Transactions on Information Theory 2013, 59, 6, 3317-3331, 6423921.
- Dai, W., Kerman, E. & Milenkovic, O. A geometric approach to low-rank matrix completion. IEEE Transactions on Information Theory 2012, 58, 1, 237-247, 6121985.
- Farnoud, F. & Milenkovic, O. Sorting of permutations by cost-constrained transpositions. IEEE Transactions on Information Theory 2012, 58, 1, 3-23, 6121988.
- Dai, W., Milenkovic, O. & Vin Pham, H. Structured sublinear compressive sensing via belief propagation. Physical Communication 2012, 5, 2, 76-90.
The Communications Office maintains the information included in Beckman Institute's online directory listings. In order to update your directory listing, please submit the following information to email@example.com:
- a short bio including information on your educational background and your field
- any honors and awards you may have received
- a description of your research (approximately 200-400 words)
- a list of recent representative publications
- a photo of yourself (you can submit one or we can take one for you)