- Title: Assistant Professor
- Group: Cognition, Lifespan Engagement, Aging, and Resilience
- Status: Beckman Affiliate Faculty
- Home: Kinesiology and Community Health
Manuel Hernandez received his Ph.D. from the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor in 2012. He is an assistant professor in Department of Kinesiology and Community Health at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, and affiliate faculty member in the Beckman Institute Human Perception and Performance (HPP) Research Group. His fields of professional interest include aging, movement disorders, and systems neuroscience.
Dr. Hernandez's research has focused on the use of experimental and theoretical models of risk factors for injury or disability during the performance of goal-directed movements in older adults with and without neurological disorders, particularly Parkinson's disease. Dr. Hernandez is interested in the behavioral and neural mechanisms underlying postural dysfunction in older adults and particularly in the development of behavioral and neural biomarkers for early detection of neurological disorders.
The Communications Office maintains the information included in Beckman Institute's online directory listings. In order to update your directory listing, please submit the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- a short bio including information on your educational background and your field
- any honors and awards you may have received
- a description of your research (approximately 200-400 words)
- a list of recent representative publications
- a photo of yourself (you can submit one or we can take one for you)