- Title: Professor
- Group: Cognition, Lifespan Engagement, Aging, and Resilience
- Status: Beckman Affiliate Faculty
- Home: Charles H. Sandage Advertising
Kevin Wise is an Associate Professor and Director of Graduate Studies in the Charles H. Sandage Department of Advertising. His general interests include the psychological processes underlying interactive media use. Current research explores how the physical interactions now ubiquitous in media use (e.g. pointing, clicking, swiping, moving) influence both subjective evaluations of content and behavioral outcomes. Prior to coming to Illinois in 2013, he spent nine years on the faculty at the University of Missouri School of Journalism. He received his Ph.D. in Communication from Stanford University in 2004.
My research explores the psychology underlying interactive media use. In other words, how do different attributes of medium, message, person, and situation influence the processes and outcomes of media use? I primarily address this question through experiments that measure physiological and self-report indicators of cognition, emotion, and motivation.
The Communications Office maintains the information included in Beckman Institute's online directory listings. In order to update your directory listing, please submit the following information to email@example.com:
- a short bio including information on your educational background and your field
- any honors and awards you may have received
- a description of your research (approximately 200-400 words)
- a list of recent representative publications
- a photo of yourself (you can submit one or we can take one for you)