The mission of the Communications Office at the Beckman Institute is to create and implement communications and marketing strategies that build global recognition for the Beckman Institute. Contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 217-244-7316, or in person at Beckman Institute Room 5361.
- Serving Beckman Institute faculty, staff, students, and resource units, the Communications Office:
- Publicizes research and faculty and student honors to the campus community and nationally through news releases, video, web, and social media
- Writes and creates publications and advertising (e.g., Annual Report, Beckman Institute brochure)
- Is responsible for marketing and branding of the institute and monitoring compliance of institute and campus- level graphic standards
- Develops and maintains the Beckman website and digital signage
- Assists with research group websites
- Serves as the liaison with campus-level communicators and the campus News Bureau
- Manages special projects and events, including the biennial Beckman Institute Open House
- Produces promotional items
- Provides resources including the Beckman Institute wordmark and Powerpoint and poster templates
- Organizes an annual photo shoot for students, faculty, and staff
- And much more
Digital Signs at Beckman Institute
Beckman Institute faculty, staff, and students may promote Beckman Institute and University of Illinois related events on the institute's digital signage for no charge. Find out more about advertising →
Beckman Institute Directory Profiles
The Communications Office maintains the faculty biography, honors, and publications information included in Beckman Institute's online directory listings. In order to update your directory listing, please submit the following information to email@example.com:
- A short bio including information on your educational background and your field
- Any honors and awards you may have received
- A description of your research (approximately 200-400 words)
- A list of recent representative publications
- A photo of yourself (you can submit one or we can take one for you)
Campus and Beckman Branding
The Beckman Institute wordmark is available for download as .zip files containing either EPS source files or compressed JPG and PNG files. These files may be used for posters, websites, presentations, etc. Please contact the Communications Office for guidance in downloading the University of Illinois Imark and the Beckman Institute wordmark. Please note that the Illinois mark should be included on official campus publications.
Powerpoint and Poster Templates
Website Policies for Beckman Labs or Individuals
The Beckman Communications office is responsible for the main Beckman Institute web pages, including the research theme and research group pages. Unfortunately, we do not have the capacity to manage web sites associated with Beckman labs, or individual faculty profile pages.
If you are interested in creating a site for your lab, you can contact our office for a template. If it’s a new site, our webmaster will work with the Beckman Information Technology Services staff to help get server space. If you want an old site updated with the Beckman "look," we can also provide a template. You or someone in your lab will be responsible for adding content to and updating the site.
Alternatively, the University of Illinois has a blog and microsite publishing service: publish.illinois.edu (FREE!)