The mission of the Communications Office at the Beckman Institute is to create and implement communications and marketing strategies that build global recognition for the Beckman Institute. Contact Maeve Reilly, Director of Communications, via email, by phone at 217-244-7316, or in person at Beckman Institute Room 5361.
- Serving Beckman Institute faculty, staff, students, and resource units, the Communications Office is responsible for:
- Publicizing research work through news releases, video, web, and social media
- Marketing and branding the Beckman Institute
- Writing and creating publications and advertising (e.g., Annual Report, Synergy, Beckman Institute brochure)
- Developing and maintaining the Beckman web site
- Assisting with research group web sites
- Serving as the liaison with campus-level communicators and the campus News Bureau
- Monitoring compliance with Beckman Institute and campus-level branding standards
- Managing special projects and events including the biennial Beckman Institute Open House
- Producing promotional items
- and much more.
Digital Signage at Beckman Institute
Beckman Institute faculty, staff, and students may promote Beckman Institute and University of Illinois related events on the Institute's digital signage for no charge. Find out more about advertising →
Beckman Institute Directory Profiles
The Communications Office maintains the information included in Beckman Institute's online directory listings. In order to update your directory listing, please submit the following information to email@example.com:
- a short bio including information on your educational background and your field
- any honors and awards you may have received
- a description of your research (approximately 200-400 words)
- a list of recent representative publications
- a photo of yourself (you can submit one or we can take one for you)
Beckman Institute Wordmark
The Beckman Institute wordmark is available for download as .zip files containing either EPS source files or compressed JPG and PNG files. These files may be used for posters, websites, presentations, etc. Please contact the Communications Office if you have any questions or problems with the files. Please note that the Illinois mark or I mark should be included on official campus publications.
To find out more information on identity standards, please visit the Campus Branding Initiative website.
Powerpoint and Poster Templates
Beckman Lab/Individual Websites Policies
The Beckman Communications office is responsible for the main Beckman Institute web pages, including the research theme and research group pages. Unfortunately, we do not have the capacity to manage web sites associated with Beckman labs, or individual faculty profile pages.
If you are interested in creating a site for your lab, you can contact our office for a template. If it’s a new site, our web master will work with the Beckman Information Technology Services staff to help get server space. If you want an old site updated with the Beckman "look," we can also provide a template. You or someone in your lab will be responsible for adding content to and updating the site.
Alternatively, the University of Illinois has a blog and microsite publishing service: publish.illinois.edu (FREE!)