Tour the Beckman Institute
Come see research in action
Plan a group tour to learn about research happening within Beckman's walls. View exhibits about institute founder Arnold Beckman and the history of MRI at Illinois.
Choose the areas for your group to visit
The Beckman Institute is a huge building full of exhibits and shared laboratory spaces. We would love to offer you a customized tour based on your group's size, interests, and expertise.
Tours are offered between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Use our form to request to tour. It could include:
- Our first-floor exhibit on Arnold O. Beckman
- The Illinois MRI Exhibit
- The Biomedical Imaging Center, home of two human MRI scanners
- Beckman's Microscopy Suite, home of Bugscope
- Molecule Maker Lab
- (dis)Ability Design Studio
- Various labs by request (with research on materials, neuroscience and neuroimaging, biophysics modeling, and more)
Please submit the tour form at least two weeks before your planned visit date.
Come and explore
You don't need to have a tour scheduled to enjoy the Beckman Institute. The building is open from 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday. You can walk through our first-floor spaces, like the Beckman and MRI exhibits.
Take a self-guided tour
While you're here, use the Illinois MRI Exhibit to help you answer the questions in the MRI Fact Check Game.
We can also accommodate various parking requests, including for buses. Learn more about parking.