- Title: Postdoctoral Research Associate
- Group: Autonomous Materials Systems
- Status: Beckman Postdoctoral Researcher
- Home: Materials Science and Engineering
- 3303 Beckman Institute
- 405 North Mathews Avenue
- Urbana, Illinois 61801
Behrad Koohbor received his Ph.D. in mechanical engineering from the University of South Carolina in 2016. He is currently a member of the Autonomous Materials Systems (AMS) Group at the Beckman Institute for Advanced Science and Technology. Behrad’s appointment is split across two research programs: (1) Characterization of the mechanical response of polymers and polymer composites developed in AMS at Illinois. This work is a part of self-healing/regeneration project supported by Air Force Office of Scientific Research (AFOSR). (2) Measurement and characterization of stress and strain fields in new Li-ion solid state battery materials. This is a collaborative project between several institutions (Argonne National Laboratory, Illinois, Northwestern and Purdue) through the CEES program supported by the U.S. Department of Energy.
- B. Koohbor, S. Ravindran, A. Kidane. Effects of cell-wall instability and local failure on the response of closed-cell polymeric foams subjected to dynamic loading. Mechanics of Materials 2017 (in press), 10.1016/j.mechmat.2017.03.017
- B. Koohbor, A. Kidane, M. A. Sutton, X. Zhao, S. Mallon. Analysis of dynamic bending test using ultra high speed DIC and the Virtual Fields Method. International Journal of Impact Engineering 2017; 110: 299-310.
- G. Valeri, B. Koohbor, A. Kidane, M. A. Sutton. Investigation of the high temperature tensile response of materials using DIC and the Virtual Fields Method. Optics and Lasers in Engineering 2017; 91: 53-61.
- S. Ravindran, B. Koohbor, A. Kidane. Experimental characterization of meso-scale deformation mechanisms and the RVE size in plastically deformed polycrystalline materials. Strain 2017: 53(1): e12217.
- B. Koohbor, A. Kidane, Lu W. Effect of specimen size, compressibility and inertia on the response of rigid polymer foams subjected to high velocity direct impact loading. International Journal of Impact Engineering 2016: 98; 62-74.
- B. Koohbor, A. Kidane, W. Lu. Characterizing the constitutive response and energy absorption of rigid polymeric foams subjected to intermediate velocity impact. Polymer Testing 2016; 54: 48-58.
- B. Koohbor, A. Kidane. Design optimization of continuously and discretely graded foam materials for efficient energy absorption. Materials and Design 2016; 102: 151-161.
- B. Koohbor, A. Kidane, W. Y. Lu, M. A. Sutton. Investigation of the dynamic stress-strain response of compressible polymeric foam using a non-parametric analysis. International Journal of Impact Engineering 2016; 91: 170-182.
- B. Koohbor, S. Mallon, A. Kidane, A. Anand, V. Parameswaran. Through thickness elastic profile determination of functionally graded materials. Experimental Mechanics 2015; 55: 1427-1140.
- S. Mallon, B. Koohbor, A. Kidane, A. P. Reynolds. On the effect of microstructure on the torsional response of AA7050-7651 at elevated strain rates. Materials Science and Engineering A 2015; 639: 280-287.
- B. Koohbor, S. Mallon, A. Kidane, W. Y. Lu. The deformation and failure response of closed-cell PMDI foams subjected to dynamic impact loading. Polymer Testing 2015; 44: 112-124.
- B. Koohbor, S. Ravindran, A. Kidane. Meso-scale strain localization and failure response of an orthotropic woven glass-fiber reinforced composite. Composites Part B: Engineering 2015; 78: 308-318.
- B. Koohbor, A. Kidane, S. Mallon. Effect of elastic properties of material composition on the fracture response of transversely graded ceramic/metal material. Materials Science and Engineering A 2014; 619: 281-289.
- B. Koohbor, S. Mallon, A. Kidane, M. A. Sutton. A DIC-based study of in-plane mechanical and quasi-static fracture response of orthotropic carbon fiber reinforced composites. Composites Part B: Engineering 2014; 66: 388-399.
- B. Koohbor. On the influence of rolling path change on static recrystallization behavior of commercial purity aluminum. International Journal of Material Forming 2014; 7: 53-63.
- B. Koohbor, D. Ohadi. On the influence of deformation rate and cooling media on the static strain aging of a warm rolled low carbon steel. International Journal of Material Forming 2013; 6: 417-422.
- L. Khalili, S. Serajzadeh, B. Koohbor. Thermomechanical behavior of work rolls during warm strip rolling. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B 2012; 43: 1638-1648.
- B. Koohbor, S. Serajzadeh. Influence of deformation path change on static strain aging of cold rolled steel strip. International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology 2012; 61: 901-909.
- B. Koohbor, S. Serajzadeh. Study on effect of residual stress distributions on kinetics of static strain aging after cold rolling. Materials Science and Technology 2011; 7: 1620-1627.
- B. Koohbor, D. Ohadi, S. Serajzadeh, J. M. Akhgar. Effect of rolling speed on the occurrence of strain aging during and after warm rolling of low-carbon steel. Journal of Materials Science 2010; 45: 3405-3412.
The Communications Office maintains the information included in Beckman Institute's online directory listings. In order to update your directory listing, please submit the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- a short bio including information on your educational background and your field
- any honors and awards you may have received
- a description of your research (approximately 200-400 words)
- a list of recent representative publications
- a photo of yourself (you can submit one or we can take one for you)