- Title: Professor
- Group: Nanoelectronics and Nanomaterials
- Status: Beckman Affiliate Faculty
- Home: Electrical and Computer Engineering
• Member, Advisory Committee for College of Engineering, Seoul National University, March 1, 2006-Feb. 28, 2008
• Outstanding Poster Presentation Award, Controlled Release Society Annual Meeting, 2005
• Arnold O. Beckman Award, University of Illinois, December 2005.
• Outstanding Consumer & Diversified Product Paper Award, Controlled Release Society Annual Meeting, 2004.
• Outstanding Poster Presentation Award, Controlled Release Society Annual Meeting, 2003
• Overseas Member, National Academy of Engineering, Korea, 2002
• Industry's Directory of Technical Consultants
• Who's Who in Frontier Science and Technology
• Who's Who in the Midwest
• International Who's Who in Engineering
• International Who's Who in Energy and Nuclear Sciences
• American Men and Women in Science
• Who's Who in Technology Today
• Member, National Science Foundation Advisory Committee for Electrical and Communications Division, 1991 - 1993
• Member, National Science Foundation Advisory Committee of Visitors, 1990 and 1993
• Best Paper Award, Nuclear Division, American Ceramic Society 92nd Annual Meeting, 1990
• Japanese Government Award for Foreign Specialists, 1989 (Awarded by the Science and Technology Agency of Japan)
• Member, U. S. Delegate to International Atomic Energy Agency Meetings,1988 and 1993
• Beckman Research Award, 1985 (University of Illinois)
- I-Y. Kim, H. Choi, Kyekyoon (Kevin) Kim, Improved survival of anchorage-dependent cells in core-shell hydrogel microcapsules via co-encapsulation with cell-friendly microspheres, Journal of Microencapsulation, 2017, 34, 1, 57-62.
- I-D. Kim, E. Sawicki, H. K. Lee, E. H. Lee, H. J. Park, P. L. Han, Kyekyoon Kevin Kim, H. Choi, J. K. Lee, Robust neuroprotective effects of intranasally delivered iNOS siRNA encapsulated in gelatin nanoparticles in the postischemic brain. Nanomedicine: Nanotechnology, Biology, and Medicine 2016, 12(5), 1219-1229. DOI:10.1016/j.nano.2016.01.002.
- I-Y Kim, E. Joachim, H. Choi, Kyekyoon (Kevin) Kim, Toxicity of silica nanoparticles depends on size, dose, and cell type, Nanomedicine: Nanotechnology, Biology, and Medicine 2015 DOI:10.1016/j.nano.2015.03.004, NANO-01098.
- L. Pang, Kyekyoon (Kevin) Kim, Improvement of Ohmic contacts to n-type GaN using a Ti/Al multi-layered contact scheme, Materials Science in Semiconductor Processing, Volume 29, January 2015, 90–94.
- E. Joachim, I-D. Kim, Y. Jin, Kyekyoon (Kevin) Kim, J-K. Lee and H. Choi, Gelatin nanoparticles enhance the neuroprotective effects of intranasally administered osteopontin in rat ischemic stroke model, Drug Deliv. and Transl. Res. 2014, 4:395–399; DOI:10.1007/s13346-014-0208-9.
- Y. Jin, I. Y. Kim, I. D. Kim, H. K. Lee, J. Y. Park, P. L. Han, Kyekyoon Kevin Kim, H. Choi, J. K. Lee, Biodegradable gelatin microspheres enhance the neuroprotective potency of osteopontin via quick and sustained release in the post-ischemic brain. ACTA Biomaterialia 2014, 10(7), 3126-3135. DOI:10.1016/j.actbio.2014.02.045.
- Pang, L., Krein, P., Kim, K. W., Lee, J. H. & Kim, K. High-current AlGaN/GaN high electron mobility transistors achieved by selective-area growth via plasma-assisted molecular beam epitaxy. Physica Status Solidi (A) Applications and Materials Science 2014, 211, 1, 180-183.
- P. E. Heil, H. Kang, H. Choi, and Kyekyoon (Kevin) Kim, Effects of controlled surface treatment on titanium dioxide electrode nanostructure for dye-sensitized solar cells, Appl. Phys. A 112, 2013, 371-380.
- L. Pang, H.-C. Seo, K. Kim, Transfer printing of flexible hybrid inductor-capacitor filters via pre-etched silicon-on-insulator mother wafer, Appl. Phys. Lett., 2012, 101, 063113.
- I-Y.Kim, P. L. Pusey, Y. Zhao, S.S. Korban, H. Choi, K. Kim, Controlled release of Pantoea agglomerans E325 for biocontrol of fire blight disease of apple, J. Controlled Release 2012, 161, 109-115; DOI:10.1016/j.j conrel.2012.03.028.
- Pang, L., Lian, Y., Kim, D. S., Lee, J. H. & Kim, K. AlGaN/GaN MOSHEMT with high-quality gate-SiO 2 achieved by room-temperature radio frequency magnetron sputtering. IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices 2012, 59, 10, 2650-2655, 6256713.
- Pang, L. & Kim, K. Bimodal gate-dielectric deposition for improved performance of AlGaN/GaN metaloxidesemiconductor high-electron-mobility transistors. Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics 2012, 45, 4, 045105.
The Communications Office maintains the information included in Beckman Institute's online directory listings. In order to update your directory listing, please submit the following information to email@example.com:
- a short bio including information on your educational background and your field
- any honors and awards you may have received
- a description of your research (approximately 200-400 words)
- a list of recent representative publications
- a photo of yourself (you can submit one or we can take one for you)