Primary AffiliationExtracellular Vesicle Imaging and Therapy
Status Full-time Faculty
Home Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Address 4139 Beckman Institute, 405 North Mathews Avenue
Yun-Sheng Chen is an assistant professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering. He is affiliated with the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Carle Illinois College of Medicine, Beckman Institute, and the Department of Bioengineering. Following his Ph.D., Yun-Sheng finished his postdoctoral training in the Molecular Imaging Program at Stanford University, Department of Radiology, working with Prof. Sanjiv Sam Gambhir.
- M.A., materials science and engineering, National Sun-YAT Sen University
- M.A., optics, CREOL at the University of Florida
- Ph.D., electrical engineering, University of Texas at Austin
- 2020: JumpARCHES fund
- 2020: Google Faculty Research Award
Electronics, Plasmonics, and Photonics
Nanomedicine and bio-nanotechnology
Biomedical Imaging, Bioengineering, and Acoustics
Yun-Sheng Chen’s research develops new translatable imaging and diagnostic techniques using the photoacoustic effect.
- Y.-S. Chen, Y. Zhao, C. Beinat, A. Zlitni, E.-C. Hsu, D.-H. Chen, H. Wang, T. Stoyanova, J. A. Dionne, and S. S. Gambhir, “Ultra-high-frequency-radio-frequency-acoustic molecular imaging with saline nanodroplets in living subjects”, Nature Nanotechnology, 2021. DOI: 10.1038/s41565-021-00869-5
- G. Song, M. Kenney, Y.-S. Chen, X. Zheng, Y. Deng, S. X. Wang, S. S. Gambhir, H. Dai, J. Rao, “Iron-cobalt Nanoalloy for Magnetic Particle Imaging and Photo/Magneto Hyperthermia Cancer Therapy”, Nature Bioengineering, 2020, 4, 325. DOI: 10.1038/s41551-019-0506-0.
- N. Jahana, H. Wang, S. Zhao, A. Dutta, H.-K. Huang, Y. Zhao, Y.-S. Chen, “Optical force microscopy: combining light with atomic force microscopy for nanomaterial identification”, Nanophotonics, 2019, 8(10), 1659–1671. DOI: 10.1515/nanoph-2019-0181
- Y.-S. Chen, Y. Zhao, S. Yoon, S. Emelianov, S. S. Gambhir, “Miniature gold nanorods for photoacoustic molecular imaging in the second near-infrared optical window”, Nature Nanotechnology, 2019, 14, 465–472. DOI: 10.1038/s41565-019-0392-3
- C. Beinat, T. Haywood, Y.-S. Chen, I. S Alam, S. Murty, S. S. Gambhir, “The utility of [18F]DASA-23 for molecular imaging of prostate cancer with positron emission tomography”, Molecular Imaging and Biology, 2018, 20(6), 1015.? DOI: 10.1007/s11307-018-1194-y
- Y.-S. Chen, S. Yoon, W. Frey, M. Dockery, S. Emelianov, “Dynamic contrast-enhanced photoacoustic imaging using photothermal stimuli-responsive composite nanoamplifiers”, Nature Communications, 2017, 8, 15782. DOI: 10.1038/ncomms15782