Presidential Early Career Award for Science and Engineering (PECASE) (2017); Dean's Award for Research Excellence, College of Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (2016); Arthur B. Metzner Early Career Award, The Society of Rheology (2014); NSF-CAREER Award (2014); 3M Nontenured Faculty Award (2014); DuPont Young Professor Award (2014); ASME Pi Tau Sigma Gold Medal (2013); Doctoral New Investigator Award, American Chemical Society Petroleum Research Fund (2013); Distinguished Young Rheologist Award, TA Instruments (2013); Postdoctoral Fellowship Award, Institute for Mathematics and its Applications (2009-2011); Luis de Florez Award for Outstanding Ingenuity and Creativity, M.I.T. (2009); National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship (2004-2007); Outstanding Thesis in Fluid Mechanics (Wunsch Foundation Award), M.I.T. (2006)
- Bharadwaj, N. A., J. G. Kang, M. C. Hatzell, P. V. Braun, and R. H. Ewoldt, Integration of colloids into a semi-flexible network of fibrin, Soft Matter, 13(7), 1430-1443 (2017).
- Abdeen, A. A., J. Lee, N. A. Bharadwaj, R. H. Ewoldt, and K. A. Kilian, Temporal Modulation of Stem Cell Activity using Magnetoactive Hydrogels. Advanced Healthcare Materials, early view article (2016).
- Blackwell, B. C. and R. H. Ewoldt, Non-integer asymptotic scaling of a thixotropic-viscoelastic model in large-amplitude oscillatory shear. Journal of Non-Newtonian Fluid Mechanics, 227, 80-89 (2016).
- Blackwell, B. C., A. E. Nadhan, and R. H. Ewoldt, Impacts of yield-stress fluid drops on permeable meshes. Journal of Non-Newtonian Fluid Mechanics, 238, 107-114 (2016).
- Corbin, E., Adeniba, O., Ewoldt, R. H., Bashir, R., Dynamic Mechanical Measurements of the Viscosity of Single Adherent Cells. Applied Physics Letters, 2016. 108, 093701.
- Corman, R. E., L. Rao, N. A. Bharadwaj, J. T. Allison, and R. H. Ewoldt, Setting Material Function Design Targets for Linear Viscoelastic Materials and Structures. Journal of Mechanical Design, 38(5), 051402 (2016).
- Ewoldt, R. H., Predictions for the northern coast of the shear rheology map: XXLAOS. Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 798, 1-4 (2016).
- Schuh, J. K. and R. H. Ewoldt, Asymmetric surface textures decrease friction with Newtonian fluids in full film lubricated sliding contact. Tribology International, 97, 490-498 (2016).
- Bharadwaj, N. A. and R. H. Ewoldt, Single-point parallel disk correction for medium-amplitude oscillatory shear. Rheologica Acta, 54(3), 223-233 (2015).
- Blackwell, B. C., M. E. Deetjen, J. E. Gaudio, and R. H. Ewoldt, Sticking and splashing in yield-stress fluid droplet impacts on coated surfaces. Physics of Fluids, 27(4), 043101 (2015).
- Freund, J. B. and R. H. Ewoldt, Quantitative rheological model selection: good fits versus credible models using Bayesian inference. Journal of Rheology, 59(3), 667-701 (2015).
- Johnston, M. T., W. P. King, and R. H. Ewoldt, Shear stress characteristics of microtextured surfaces in gap-controlled hydrodynamic lubrication. Tribology International, 82, 123-132 (2015).
- Bharadwaj, N. A. and R. H. Ewoldt, Constitutive model fingerprints in medium-amplitude oscillatory shear. Journal of Rheology, 59(2), 557-592 (2015).
- Bharadwaj, N. A. and R. H. Ewoldt, The general low-frequency prediction for asymptotically-nonlinear material functions in oscillatory shear. Journal of Rheology, 58(4), 891-910 (2014).
- Blackwell, B. C. and R. H. Ewoldt, A simple thixotropic-viscoelastic constitutive model produces unique signatures in large-amplitude oscillatory shear (LAOS). Journal of Non-Newtonian Fluid Mechanics, 208, 27-41 (2014).
- Ewoldt, R. H., Extremely soft: Design with rheologically-complex fluids. Soft Robotics, 1(1) 12-20 (2014) (Invited review for inaugural issue).
- Ewoldt, R. H. and N. A. Bharadwaj, Low-Dimensional Intrinsic Material Functions for Nonlinear Viscoelasticity. Rheologica ACTA, 52(3), 201-219 (2013).
- Ewoldt, R.H., Defining Nonlinear Rheological Material Functions for Oscillatory Shear. Journal of Rheology, 57(1) 177–195 (2013).
- Felts, JR; Somnath, S; Ewoldt, RH; King, WP,Nanometer-scale flow of molten polyethylene from a heated atomic force microscope tip. Nanotechnology, 2012, 23 (21), 215301. DOI:10.1088/0957-4484/23/21/215301.