The Beckman Institute provides a single physical location to facilitate interdisciplinary collaborative research by University faculty, staff, and students. To support the exchange of scientific and technical information through meetings, conferences, and workshops, the Beckman Institute boasts a number of beautiful seminar and meeting rooms.
- In view of the special mission of the Institute, the following are special conditions regarding use of space in the Institute (in order of priority):
- Groups conducting research in the Beckman Institute whose events are related to their research activities.
- Central and campus administrative units holding events important to the campus as a whole.
- Units or individuals working in areas scientifically or technically related to Institute research areas.
- Off-campus organizations whose activities are directly related to the Institute research areas.
- Campus units or individuals holding events of academic importance to the campus as a whole but are unrelated to Institute research programs.
- Off-campus organizations whose events are unrelated to the Institute will rarely be granted approval.
Use of Institute facilities may be accorded to organizations other than those categorized above, within or outside the University, when such use does not interfere with other planned activities, and when the best interests of the University would appear to be served. The special conditions regarding use of space in the Institute are listed in Campus Administrative Manual Section VIII-1 which covers the limitations on admission fees, contributions, and use of University facilities for private gain.
- Beckman Institute Café -- Contact Chris Mechling at 217-333-7360
- Michael's Catering -- Contact Marty at 217-351-2500
- Cameron's Catering -- Contact Keith at 217-359-8661
- Classic Events -- Contact Julie at 217-367-7118
- Illini Union / Dining Services -- Contact Aaron Kielbasa at 217-333-0126
- L.A. Gourmet Catering -- Contact Lauren Murray at 217-643-7205
- Nelson's Catering -- Contact Sheila Brooks at 217-787-9443