The primary mission of the Beckman Institute is to provide a single physical location for University faculty, staff, and students engaged in research programs chosen for inclusion in the building. A secondary and related objective is the exchange of scientific and technical information through meetings, conferences, workshops, and other such gatherings. For this reason, the Institute was designed to include a number of seminar and meeting rooms in support of the research programs conducted in the building. The Institute administration is responsible for ensuring that use of meeting rooms by others does not compromise the ability of the Institute's research groups to conduct scientific and technical meetings.
- In view of the special mission of the Institute, the following are special conditions regarding use of space in the Institute (in order of priority):
- Groups conducting research in the Beckman Institute whose events are related to their research activities.
- Central and campus administrative units holding events important to the campus as a whole.
- Units or individuals working in areas scientifically or technically related to Institute research areas.
- Off-campus organizations whose activities are directly related to the Institute research areas.
- Campus units or individuals holding events of academic importance to the campus as a whole but are unrelated to Institute research programs.
- Off-campus organizations whose events are unrelated to the Institute will rarely be granted approval.
Use of Institute facilities may be accorded to organizations other than those categorized above, within or outside the University, when such use does not interfere with other planned activities, and when the best interests of the University would appear to be served. The special conditions regarding use of space in the Institute are listed in Campus Administrative Manual Section VIII-1 which covers the limitations on admission fees, contributions, and use of University facilities for private gain.
- Beckman Institute Café -- Contact Chris Mechling at 217-333-7360
- Michael's Catering -- Contact Marty at 217-351-2500
- Cameron's Catering -- Contact Keith at 217-359-8661
- Classic Events -- Contact Julie at 217-367-7118
- Illini Union / Dining Services -- Contact Aaron Kielbasa at 217-333-0126
- L.A. Gourmet Catering -- Contact Lauren Murray at 217-643-7205
- Nelson's Catering -- Contact Sheila Brooks at 217-787-9443