This page lists the full application instructions. If you still have questions after reading through this page, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org .
The following items must be submitted no later than 5:00 PM Central Time on Monday, November 26, 2018. Late or multiple submissions will not be accepted. Selected Fellows will be announced on or around February 16, 2019.
(1) Fill Out Application Form
Applicants must fill out the online application form. The form also allows for the electronic submission of your supporting documents (Curriculum Vitae, Research Plan, Representative Paper).
The Application Form is currently closed.
(2) Curriculum Vitae
The Curriculum Vitae must be submitted as an Adobe PDF file using the upload form mentioned above.
(3) Research Plan
Upload ONE PDF document including the following. Excluding a list of references, this should not exceed FIVE pages.
- Introduction – 500 words describing your general research area.
- Objectives and Significance – One page on what are the objectives of your research plan while you are at Beckman, and why are these research goals important? May include background literature discussion and explanation of hypothesis, problem statement, and/or technological goals.
- Research Plan – Two pages on your plan of work for your next 3 years at the Beckman Institute. This should include an explanation of how this plan helps you develop your career; the research plan also should act as your own individual development plan.
- Innovation – One page on why your prior training and proposed research and development plan is innovative and creates new collaborations or strengthens existing collaborations at the Beckman Institute (and, if you are applying to the Carle-Beckman Postdoctoral Fellows program, include collaborations at Carle Foundation Hospital).
- Relevance – 500 words on why the Beckman Institute is the best home for your research plan. If you are applying for the Carle Foundation Hospital-Beckman Institute Postdoctoral Fellowship Program, also explain why Carle Foundation Hospital is the best home for your translational biomedical research. (500 word limit)
- References (not part of the five-page limit)
(4) Representative Paper
If you have published, you may submit no more than one article. If you have not published, one introductory or representative chapter, or an extended abstract (not to exceed five pages), of your dissertation may be substituted. Do not submit additional articles or chapters; only one will be passed on to the selection committee. The Representative Paper must be submitted as an Adobe PDF file using the upload form mentioned above.
(5) Letters of Reference
In addition to the above materials, please submit the names and email addresses of three individuals familiar with your research. You should request letters of recommendation from them, and ask them to email their letters as a PDF to email@example.com. The deadline for letters of reference is also 5:00 PM Central Time on Monday, November 26, 2018. No faxed copies of the recommendation letters will be accepted.
Thank you for your interest in the 2019 Beckman Institute Fellows competition. If you still have questions after reading through this page and the Frequently Asked Questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.