2012 CLASS OF BECKMAN POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWS ANNOUNCED
The 2012 class of Beckman Institute Postdoctoral Fellows was announced, with six new Fellows joining the program. They are Suma Bhat, Bradley Deutsch, Sarah Erickson, Heather Lucas, Jie Sun, and Baoxing Xu. Congratulations!
LAM RECEIVES ISMRM MAGNA CUM LAUDE AWARD
Congratulations to Fan Lam who recently received an ISMRM Magna Cum Laude Award for his paper on “Denoising Diffusion-Weighted MR Images Using Low Rank Structure and Edge Constraints.” The award is given by the International Society for Magnetic Resonance Imaging (ISMRM) to the student members of the society whose abstract scored in the top 15% of all abstracts submitted. Fan is a student in Zhi-Pei Liang’s laboratory.
NEXT DIRECTOR’S SEMINAR APRIL 5
The next Director’s Seminar will be Thursday, April 5. It will feature a talk by Yingxiao (Peter) Wang titled, “Molecular Engineering, Live Cell Imaging, and Mechanobiology.” The talk begins at noon in Room 1005 of the Beckman Institute. Lunch will be served.
Congratulations to the following investigators who have received grant funding during the period of January 19, 2012 – February 15, 2012:
- Enhancing Children’s Cognitive and Brain Health through Physical Activity Training (PI: A. Kramer and C. Hillman; Sponsor: NIH)
- Cognitive Neuroscience of Aging and Culture (PI: B. Sutton; Sponsor: NIH)
- Developing Localization Algorithms for Extracellular Neural Recordings (PI: E. Johnson; Sponsor: BWF)
- FUA-Orientation and Instrument Access for Analysis of 3D Nanomaterials (PI: S. Robinson; Sponsor: DOD)
Please welcome the following new hires to the Beckman Institute:
- Patricia Jones, Associate Director for Research (Admin)
- Assunta di Vacri, Visiting Scholar (M. Fabiani)
- Paolo Paletti, Visiting Scholar (U. Ravaioli)