- Title: Professor
- Group: Molecular Design and Engineering
- Status: Beckman Affiliate Faculty
- Home: Electrical and Computer Engineering
Professor Xiuling Li received her Ph.D. degree from the University of California at Los Angeles in 1993. After many years of academic research at Caltech and UIUC and industrial experience at EpiWorks, Inc., she joined the faculty of the UIUC Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering in January of 2007. She is an affiliate faculty member of the Nanoelectronics and Nanomaterials group of Beckman Institute. Her research interests are in the area of III-V semiconductors from growth by metal organic chemical vapor deposition (MOCVD), to fabrication of nanostructures and applications in optoelectronics.
Fellow, IEEE (2017); Faculty Entrepreneurial Fellow, College of Engineering, UIUC (2015-2016); Willett Faculty Scholar, College of Engineering, UIUC (2015); IEEE Nanotechnology Council Distinguished Lecturer (2014-2015); Board of governors, IEEE Photonics Society (2014-2016); A. T. Yang Research Award, ECE, UIUC (2013); Dean’s Award for Excellence in Research, College of Engineering, UIUC (2012); ONR Young Investigator Research Award (2011); DARPA Young Faculty Award (2009); NSF CAREER Award (2008).
- H. Fu, K. Nan, P. Froeter, W. Huang, Y. Liu, Y. Wang, J. Wang, Z. Yan, H. Luan, X. Guo, Y. Zhang, C. Jiang, L. Li, A.C. Dunn, X. Li, Y. Huang, Y. Zhang, and J.A. Rogers. Mechanically-Guided Deterministic Assembly of 3D Mesostructures Assisted by Residual Stresses. Small 2017, 1700151.
- Y. Zhang, F. Zhang, Z. Yan, Q. Ma, X. Li, Y. Huang, and J.A. Rogers. Printing, Folding and Assembly Methods for 3D Mesostructures in Advanced Materials. Nature Review Materials 2017 2, 1709.
- W. Choi, E. Seabron, P. K. Mohseni, J. D. Kim, T. Gokus, A. Cernescu, P. Pochet, H. T. Johnson, W. L. Wilson, and X. Li. Direct Electrical Probing of Periodic Modulation of Zinc-Dopant Distributions in Planar Gallium Arsenide Nanowires. ACS Nano, 2017, 11 (2), 1530-1539.
- X. Yu, L. L. Goddard, X. Li and X. Chen. Enhanced axial confinement in a monolithically integrated self-rolled-up SiNx vertical microring photonic coupler. Appl. Phys. Lett. 2016, 109, 111104.
- X. Yu, E. Arbabi, L. L. Goddard, X. Li and X. Chen. Monolithically integrated self-rolled-up microtube-based vertical coupler for 3D photonic integration. Appl. Phys. Lett. 2015, 107, 031102.
Xu, S.; Yan, Z.; Jang, K. I.; Huang, W.; Fu, H. R.; Kim, J.; Wei, Z.; Flavin, M.; McCracken, J.; Wang, R.; Badea, A.; Liu, Y.; Xiao, D. Q.; Zhou, G. Y.; Lee, J.; Chung, H. U.; Cheng, H. Y.; Ren, W.; Banks, A.; Li, X. L.; Paik, U.; Nuzzo, R. G.; Huang, Y. G.; Zhang, Y. H.; Rogers, J. A., Assembly of Micro/Nanomaterials into Complex, Three-Dimensional Architectures by Compressive Buckling. Science 2015, 347, (6218), 154-159, DOI:10.1126/science.1260960.
Sheng, X.; Yun, M. H.; Zhang, C.; Al-Okaily, A. M.; Masouraki, M.; Shen, L.; Wang, S. D.; Wilson, W. L.; Kim, J. Y.; Ferreira, P.; Li, X. L.; Yablonovitch, E.; Rogers, J. A., Device Architectures for Enhanced Photon Recycling in Thin-Film Multijunction Solar Cells. Advanced Energy Materials 2015, 5, (1), DOI:Artn 1400919 DOI:10.1002/Aenm.201400919.
Ning, H. L.; Pikul, J. H.; Zhang, R. Y.; Li, X. J.; Xu, S.; Wang, J. J.; Rogers, J. A.; King, W. P.; Braun, P. V., Holographic Patterning of High-Performance on-Chip 3D Lithium-Ion Microbatteries. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2015, 112, (21), 6573-6578, DOI:10.1073/pnas.1423889112.
Edwards, C.; McKeown, S. J.; Hwang, S. W.; Froeter, P. J.; Li, X. L.; Rogers, J. A.; Popescu, G.; Goddard, L. L., In-Situ Measurements of Nanoscale Phenomena Using Diffraction Phase Microscopy. Quantitative Phase Imaging 2015, 9336, DOI:Artn 93361k DOI:10.1117/12.2080253.
Ning, H.; Krueger, N. A.; Sheng, X.; Keurn, H.; Zhang, C.; Choquette, K. D.; Li, X. L.; Kim, S.; Rogers, J. A.; Braun, P. V., Transfer-Printing of Tunable Porous Silicon Microcavities with Embedded Emitters. ACS Photonics 2014, 1, (11), 1144-1150, DOI:10.1021/Ph500230j.
Mohseni, P. K.; Behnam, A.; Wood, J. D.; Zhao, X.; Yu, K. J.; Wang, N. C.; Rockett, A.; Rogers, J. A.; Lyding, J. W.; Pop, E.; Li, X. L., Monolithic Iii-V Nanowire Solar Cells on Graphene Via Direct Van Der Waals Epitaxy. Advanced Materials 2014, 26, (22), 3755-3760, DOI: 10.1002/adma.201305909.
The Communications Office maintains the information included in Beckman Institute's online directory listings. In order to update your directory listing, please submit the following information to email@example.com:
- a short bio including information on your educational background and your field
- any honors and awards you may have received
- a description of your research (approximately 200-400 words)
- a list of recent representative publications
- a photo of yourself (you can submit one or we can take one for you)