- Title: Senior Research Scientist
- Group: Biomedical Imaging Center
- Status: Beckman Administrative Staff
- Home: Beckman Institute
- 4121 Beckman Institute
- 405 North Mathews Avenue
- Urbana, Illinois 61801
Iwona Dobrucka is currently a senior research scientist at Beckman Institute and directs the Molecular Imaging Laboratory (MIL) in Biomedical Imaging Center (BIC). Dr. Dobrucka received her Ph.D. in chemistry from Ohio University, Athens, Ohio, in 2004, and M.Sc. degree in bioengineering from Technical University of Wroclaw, Poland, and Technical University of Hamburg, Germany. Prior to joining Beckman Institute in 2011, Dr. Dobrucka did postdoctoral training in cancer biology at Yale University School of Medicine in the Department of Radiation Therapy, New Haven, Conn.
Dr. Dobrucka's fields of professional interests include development of novel targeted microSPECT/PET-CT imaging strategies to stage cancer disease and assess tumor growth and metabolism in animal models of disease. In addition, Dr. Dobrucka's research is focused on studying interactions between traditional anti-cancer therapeutics and complementary alternative medicines (CAMs) used by cancer patients. Dr. Dobrucka’s expertise is in cancer cell biology and the pathophysiology of reactive oxygen species, including molecular imaging of tumor response to therapy and cardiotoxicity of anti-cancer drugs.
The Communications Office maintains the information included in Beckman Institute's online directory listings. In order to update your directory listing, please submit the following information to email@example.com:
- a short bio including information on your educational background and your field
- any honors and awards you may have received
- a description of your research (approximately 200-400 words)
- a list of recent representative publications
- a photo of yourself (you can submit one or we can take one for you)